REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
Location: Houston Dallas Austin Texas
Required Travel: 50%
Job Type: Full Time
Career Level: Manager
Years of Experience: 5+ years
ABOUT THE JOB:
Leading Food Service Equipment Manufacturer is looking for Business Development Managers for Southwest Region. Ideal candidate will have a strong background in outside sales to the Foodservice / Dealer Distributor, Supermarket, Hospitality and Healthcare segments. This person must be highly motivated with solid analytical and problem-solving skills in addition to adaptive traits.
- Expand sales and distribution of company products in the aforementioned segments.
- Work closely with customers to anticipate and understand their needs in order to recommend product solutions through a consultative, or “solutions” selling process.
- Identify opportunities unique to each assigned account in terms of sales, marketing, engineering and operations.
- Study, analyze and understand market and business trends, anticipate how they affect key accounts, and recommend new strategies to prepare for and/or react to changes.
- Address client concerns and ensure the resolution of issues in a timely manner, with appropriate follow-up.
- Proactively conduct strategic account reviews, and track key metrics.
- Work with strategic accounts to estimate materials requirements, and monitor potential changes that could impact their product demand.
- Identify Accounts whose revenue may be “at risk”, and work with Sales to implement appropriate offensive/defensive strategies.
- Monitor sales revenue and profitability for strategic accounts, and work with SPG management to maximize both.
- Identify “Value-Added” / “Value-Engineered” opportunities with key accounts, and propose solutions to the customers.
- Manage client-specific projects, establish and monitor project goals, timelines and budgets, and anticipate problem areas.
- Prepare and implement annual business plans to support segment growth objectives.
- Evaluate customer-specific projects for broader application in the general marketplace.
- Work as a liaison between the customer and company to minimize exposure to slow-moving or obsolete inventory.
- Identify any problems relating to the product, process or people involved in supporting key customers. Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels, and verify the implementation of solutions.
- Maintain a professional image with strong moral and ethical values.
- Strong Food Service, Restaurant, Hospitality, and/or Healthcare industry background..
- A professional demeanor with a strong sense of diplomacy is required.
- Comprehensive organizational and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Highly self-motivated, self-discipline, ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as effective negotiation and presentation proficiencies. You will be developing relationships with decision makers at a wide variety of operational levels.
- Ability to listen and proactively develop strategies to support identified needs.
- Ability to collect and interpret data from various sources, establishes facts, draw relevant insights using various resources and methodologies, and comprehend abstract and conceptual ideas.
- The insightfulness to transform the needs of clients into realistic projects, and the project management skills to ensure that the client's expectations are met.
- A strong sense of commitment and urgency is needed to drive customer projects, and to keep team members focused on achieving results in a timely manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing, and Minimum 5 years of proven account management experience (would consider 10 years experience in lieu of degree)
- Must be PC proficient including Excel, Power Point, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to read and interpret detailed documentation, including technical and financial reports, customer specifications, and government regulations.
Qualified candidates please e-mail resume along with cover letter and salary requirements in MS Word format to:
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package.